About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Creative Communications student at Red River College. My blog will feature local specialty drinks and my own favourite recipes from home! Take a break from the books and check in every week for weekly specials and events, and holiday features!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Check out my bloggy friends!


This week I am going to focus on a few of my favourite classmates blogs that I follow. It’s important to see what else exists in the blog world and I know a lot of people that put a lot of time and effort into their thoughts and posts. I’ll tell you a few of my favs and why they are worth checking out in your free time!


Teemu Salami

First of all I have to give a shout out to my good pal John and his blog Teemu Salami. He always features delicious recipe ideas and some awesome pictures of the cooking process. He has catchy blog titles and includes great detail. This past week he taught the blog world how to make his tasty pea soup! Such a great idea with the colder weather coming…In Winnipeg anyways! Definitely make sure to check out Teemu Salami if you’re looking for a meal idea!







Stepping away from the Blogger world, and enter the word press format of Kulture by Katherine Dow. I love Katherine’s blog for a few reasons. The layout is very clean and easy to read. I like that she uses a different blog format, and it’s something new for me to discover. I appreciate her honestly and fully developed thoughts and opinions. She takes a lot of time and care into her posts, and the passion in her writing jumps off the page. She covers a broad range of ideas and topics from her favourite local sushi review, to the always interesting life of Lindsay Lohan. Check out of the blogger network and check into the word press world of Katherine Dow’s ideas.




My good friend Tammy’s blog will leave you with nothing to whine about with her tasteful thoughts about different wines. I love her blog because similar to mine, she features new and interesting drink ideas. She reviews different kinds of wine, both white and red, and a range of price points. I appreciate layout and design choice. The blog is easy to read and I love her personal pictures. Earlier in October she took advantage of the warm fall weather and made her way to the cabin. She shared her weekend pictures and pick of the week: The Beach House. She always includes pictures of the bottles she is referring to, which makes it easier to identify when you go to pick up the bottle yourself! I always trust her wine sense.  Check it out!









This is the mother of all blogs. Definitely one of my favs! I love Monique’s blog posts because they are so current, and so frequent that you can read her daily thought process. Monique blogs about everything and has such great visuals with her professional pictures. Sometimes I just check out her blog to look at the gorgeous photography she includes! Check out her blog and learn a thing or two about the blogging world from this blog pro!

 



The only blog to check out if you have a passion for fashion, like my girl Lauren Best, is her very own blog, Dressed by Best. She has the hottest fashion gossip and all the latest styles. She is my very own living breathing vogue magazine... and has even more to offer then the September issue! Check her out, and you will not regret it!

Dressed by Best





Okay so food, drinks, art, and fashion aren't your thing? My last recommendation for today is my pal Mike Cuma's sports blog. Mike is the man when it comes to sports news! He is an expert Winnipeg Blue Bomber Blogger and a Winnipeg fueled Jet of sports information. He hosts a sports radio show called Two Jocks and a Jill on 92.9 KICK FM in Winnipeg. Check out his blog.

Winnipeg Sports Scene



1 comment:

  1. Emily you are such a babe! Thanks for the shout out beautiful! <3 I want to do a cocktail post... I think you've just inspired me! xo

    ReplyDelete