About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Creative Communications student at Red River College. My blog will feature local specialty drinks and my own favourite recipes from home! Take a break from the books and check in every week for weekly specials and events, and holiday features!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Meyer Family Vineyards


My dad recently brought home a new BC treat! He was raving about meeting one of the owners of the vineyard, and raved about the wines. He brought home a case this weekend and of course I had to try some!
Meyer Family Vineyards have 19 acres under vine, and focus their attention on Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. “To produce the best wines we use the best barrels, absolute care and attention to detail and the best winemaking protocols. As you sip each bottle of wine from Meyer Family Vineyards, imagine that it reflects the soil, the sun, the people and the location of the beautiful Okanagan Valley.” 
My dad is a HUGE red wine connoisseur and brought home a case of the 2009 Okanagan Valley Pinot Noir. I usually prefer my white chardonnays or rose wines but I won’t pass up a free bottle! 
I have to warn you it is a very dry wine. It is made with “aromas of cherries and berry fruits intermingled with dried herbs and spice.” If you are in to the full bodied wines to go with a nice steak dinner this wine is a nice selection. It is reasonably priced at $25.00 a bottle.  
Check out their website and order your case today!








Check out the promo video!!

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I have tried this. I think it was last winter break in Kelowna. But yes, very dry, but I really enjoyed it. Love Okanagan wines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to support Canadian wineries.

    ReplyDelete