About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Creative Communications student at Red River College. My blog will feature local specialty drinks and my own favourite recipes from home! Take a break from the books and check in every week for weekly specials and events, and holiday features!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Winnipeg Blue Freeze

Okay so normally with the weather getting colder you think I would suggest a hot beverage to warm up to, BUT this week I am going to suggest a little cocktail idea to celebrate the big sports weekend in Winnipeg.

First off we have the Winnipeg Blue Bombers kicking off at CanadInns Stadium at 2:00pm on Saturday against the Montreal Alouettes. From there we will move our way downtown the the MTS Centre to watch the Winnipeg Jets go for the "W" against the Carolina Hurricanes. Can't wait for the Winnipeg blue action all weekend.

If you're watching the action from home with friends or celebrating afterwards, I have the best blue drink for you!









BLUE WINNIPEG:

- 2oz Vodka (flavoured if desired)
     *I like Smirnoff Blueberry

- 1/2 can of 7up or Sprite

- large Mr. Freeze freeze pop (blue raspberry)

- mix the 7up or Sprite with vodka. DO NOT ADD ICE CUBES


- take the Mr. Freeze freeze pop and break into ice cube sized pieces and add to drink

- stir and enjoy!

LETS GO BLUE!




2 comments:

  1. I will be doing a purple version for my Vikings weekend. Bevy Break is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete