About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Creative Communications student at Red River College. My blog will feature local specialty drinks and my own favourite recipes from home! Take a break from the books and check in every week for weekly specials and events, and holiday features!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Skinny on Skinnygirl Margaritas

Bethenny Frankel of The Real Housewives of New York City has been working on her own line of pre mixed cocktails with fewer calories. They have only been available in the United States until this year and are still not available in many provinces including Manitoba.
"Skinnygirl Margarita" was her first pre mixed drink, and she just recently released "Skinnygirl Sangria." She is currently working on "Skinnygirl White Cranberry Cosmo."
Frankel writes,
"Everyone loves margaritas, but no one ways the guilt or the calories. That's why i created the Skinnygirl Margarita. At only 100 calories for a full 4 Oz serving, natural flavors, lightly sweetened with agave nectar and made with premium Blue Agave clear Tequila, Skinnygirl is the margarita you can trust," however the makers of Frankel's Skinnygirl Margarita are being sued for $10 million with claims that the drink was incorrectly marketed as being “all natural” with “no preservatives.” Apparently this is not the case.
So the real question is, how are these drinks despite this preservative controversy? Over the summer I spent some time in Washington and tried the margarita version. It was okay at best. I would get it again if in a rush and looking for a low cal fix. The bottle retails for approx. $15-20 American.

Click here to see how Frankel makes her margarita, and try it at home!



4 comments:

  1. If it's "OK at best," I'll keep my $20 US. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still curious enough to try it even though you said it was only okay. It must be the Bethenny Frankel brand that is really getting me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep your $20! not worth the drive across the boarder either! But Lauren if you are a Frankel fan then give it a try! you might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. update! they are on the shelves in Winnipeg now! $16.95

    ReplyDelete