About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Creative Communications student at Red River College. My blog will feature local specialty drinks and my own favourite recipes from home! Take a break from the books and check in every week for weekly specials and events, and holiday features!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

good wine with great friends

With the cold Winnipeg weather most want to stay indoors, especially with busy school schedules. Last week my friends and I braved the elements for our friend Sam's 22nd birthday. We made our way to Hermanos on Bannatyne. 
My mom works on Bannatyne just down the street and often meets clients there for lunch. She had always told me great things, so I was excited to try it for myself. 
The food was great, the service was excellent, and the wine...perfect ending to a busy week.
We all tried something different for dinner and sharing is always the best part of going out with a group. From the watermelon and cucumber salad, or the fish of the day, or even the burger and fries, everyone seemed to love whatever they ordered. Which isn't always easy for one server, a packed restaurant on a Friday night, and a table of 20 young women.


A few of us shared a bottle of Graffigna Pinot Grigio - an Argentinian wine grown in Tulum Valley, San Juan, Argentina. I would highly recommend this wine. It was a delicious wine, that could be paired with a variety of different tastes and dishes, or just a casual glass on its own. With hints of jasmine, peaches, and apricots, they recommend serving along with "stews, seasoned ethic foods: Peruvian, Mexican, Indian, Asian dishes, and cheeses.

Retails for approximately $14.00. Pick up a bottle this weekend, or try it out at Hermanos restaurant.




No comments:

Post a Comment