About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Creative Communications student at Red River College. My blog will feature local specialty drinks and my own favourite recipes from home! Take a break from the books and check in every week for weekly specials and events, and holiday features!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bridesmaids at the Oscars

Every year the Oscar nominations are released I always ask myself where I have been the last year. I am ashamed to say I have only seen a few of the movies up for nominations this year... and when I say a few I mean two. Moneyball and Bridesmaids. At least I know most of the actors and actresses up for Oscars, but I really must get on my movie watching. Now that theatres will be serving alcoholic beverages...the only question I have is whether the drinks themselves will actually be more expensive than your ticket?

One movie I did happen to see in theatres this summer, four times in theatres to to be exact, was Bridesmaids. I guess it is obvious by how many times I paid to see it, actually enough to buy it on DVD or Bluray twice - that I am a HUGE fan. Bridesmaids by Annie Mumolo & Kristen Wiig, and being the Saturday Night Live fan that I am, I couldn't wait to see it. If you haven't seen it and have no intention of watching all of the Oscar nominated films, this is your one exception. 


Also up for nomination as best actress in a supporting role from the film is Melissa McCarthy.




Bridesmaids Trailer

My drink of the week is inspired by one of my favourite scenes from the movie. The scene on the plane when the Bridesmaids travel to Vegas.


Double 7&7

- 2oz. Seagram's 7 whiskey
- 7-Up
- lime wedge

No comments:

Post a Comment